Friday, April 18, 2008

The Little Children's Bible Storybook


Aric and I went to Mardel yesterday to find a good Bible storybook for us to read to Rylor. We have two that were given to us, and we've read them with him, they seemed just a little too old for him right now. One time I was reading to him about Joseph and how Potiphar's wife was coming onto him and they talked about "her wanting to lay with him" and I just thought Rylor looked totally confused and I just didn't have the energy to go there...at least not yet. So we found this book, I was looking for the one Jenn has with Tanner, but I forgot the name (Jenn you should comment the name, cause yours is really good also). But we bought this one, and I love it. It has wonderful text and beautiful illustrations, which I am always a fan of. Rylor loves to read and I hope he'll enjoy it.

It starts out "Close your eyes. Hold your breath. Shhh. There was nothing in the beginning...except for God." It's just lovely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you wrote this b/c I was planning on going this weekend to get Ava a children's Bible. I've been wondering about good ones. I miss you!!

Glenna said...

rachel, i'm so glad. i just really fell in love with it and i hope you enjoy it. if you can't find it, let me know and i'll pick you up one and put it in the mail.

jenn said...

alright....mine is the Jesus Storybook Bible. Although, I paid $20 at Lifeway and when I just googled it for a pic....it was only $11.39! whoa! neways. I don't know how to post a pic on a comment, it maybe impossible, so I will post it on my blog. It basically tells all the stories of the Bible with the the underlying theme being about Jesus and the greatest rescue of all,etc. It also has great illustrations and really, I cry up most times we read it, it is so moving to me.(I did get chills when Glen read me an excerpt from hers the other day...so maybe don't go by my emotional state :)

Amanda said...

Yea! Now i have to choose which one to get Cade. The one he has is too baby-ish for him now. Its time to go a little deeper. Thanks for the suggestion!!!