Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Evil Thoughts


So Aric's mom and dad are trying to clean out their attic, and of course Aric and Lars have so much stuff (it is hard to say good-bye), so some how we get left with all of the toys and literal junk that Aric cannot part with. Now I know that most of Aric and Lars' toys are pretty interesting, and some of these toys are very hard to find or non-existent these days. But, still my garage is full, and if you know me...I hate clutter. But because of these random attic clean-outs, Aric got to bring home all of his "Master's of the Universe" toys...you know He-man and Castle of Doom...well Rylor loves them. I personally think they are pretty ugly and kind of evil looking. I told Aric's parents I couldn't believe they let him play with all that stuff, cause back then there was a lot of hype about Master's of the Universe, you know like the Smurfs (they all were supposedly demonic) and for Aric coming from a very strict Baptist upbringing, I was surprised. But they are wonderful parents. and in Dayton we were little more sheltered from the rest of the world, so it wasn't that big of a deal for us. and nonetheless, the boys had fun, and they had all kinds of cool toys, his parents are pretty cool because of that (some really rare Star Wars toys and every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle) which we like all those...but these Master's of the Universer stuff just kills me, because one day my mom came over, and she saw Rylor playing with all of those toys, and she told him they were Evil. Well, all that has done is make Rylor way more interested in these stupid toys. I personally don't like them, because they are pretty ugly and most of the parts are missing, but because my mom made such a big deal about them Rylor has named these toys the "Evil Thoughts." We just laugh and try not to make a big deal about them, but the other day our neighbors kids were over, plus their parents and Rylor is like "hey Julia, Mary do you want to play with the Evil Thoughts." I was like oh my goodness, our neighbors were a little confused and I had to tell them the whole story, just like I am right now. So thanks to my lovely in-laws and Aric for refinding these toys, and my mom for telling Rylor they were evil, because now Rylor has a new found interest in these toys. They will be gone soon. But of course I snapped a picture just so we could all remember these days and these funny moments.

2 comments:

JohnsonFamily said...

Hey Glenna, Meagan Johnson here. I love reading your posts and seeing your beautiful photos. I thought you might like to know what evil thoughts are going for on ebay. Click or copy and paste the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-Lot-Masters-Of-The-Universe-He-Man-Figures-Castle_W0QQitemZ360040985553QQihZ023QQcategoryZ18989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Glenna said...

meg,
thank you so much for the comment. that is crazy, the set we have is going for close to $300. we might hold onto those for a little bit longer. it was so good hearing from you. we miss you.